How to Stay on Top of Your Journey During Memorial Day
Don't allow a holiday be the death of your eating program or diet. There are so many ways to enjoy your meal plan while celebrating with your family as friends as well. Below are a list of foods and their prospective recipes that you could add to your menu. I also love the recipes that Ketogasm put together as well.
BUT FIRST... make sure to join us for the 7 Day Walking Challenge. The winner gets a bottle of our new Apple Cider Vinegar AND a 14 Day Supply of our newest tea Good Night Sleep Tea. The person with the most steps...WINS!
If you aren't currently following the keto way of life, now is a great time to start. To read more on the keto diet and how to properly calculate macros, read here.
Now, back to the recipes. The first of the favorites is Keto BBQ Buffalo Wings (Low Carb and Sugar Free).
2-2 1/4 pounds chicken wing, raw (about 18-20)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth—or dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped—or 1 tablespoon dried
- Rinse and dry wings portions. Place wings in a large skillet, big enough to hold all 18-20 wings, without too much overlap. Season liberally with granulated garlic, freshly ground black pepper, paprika (any kind), and coarse grain sea salt or kosher salt. Drizzle both sides with Worcestershire Sauce and olive oil.
- While wings cook the initial thirty minutes, make the garlic butter sauce. Combine sauce ingredients and cook in the microwave on high for 60-90 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds until melted and garlic is cooked a bit. Reserve for wings at the 35 minute mark.
- Preheat grill on ignite for five minutes with the lid down. Turn fire off on one side of the grill. We have a 5 burner grill and turn off the center section so there is indirect heat on both sides of the pan. Place pan on the area without the fire (aka indirect heat). Close lid and cook 15 minutes with the lid down, on highest setting. After 15 minutes, flip the wings and cook another 20 minutes with the lid down, on highest setting.
- Flip wings again and cover with garlic butter mixture and red pepper flakes. Close lid and turn heat to low on the burners where you kept the fire lit. Cook 15 minutes. Flip and stir wings with a large spatula. Baste with the sauce. Close lid and cook 10 more minutes. Stir and baste wings at 10-15 minute intervals cooking over indirect, low heat with the lid down until wings are dark and caramel colored and the sauce gets thick with big bubbles. The skin should not be rubbery or thick. It should almost dissolve away when bitten. When the BBQ Wings look done to you, remove them, baste again, and serve with pan juices. Delish!!
Per Serving (1/2 Recipe): 1122 Calories; 79g Fat (65.7% calories from fat); 85g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 558mg Cholesterol; 8g Effective Carbs
Thank you to Peace, Love and Low Carb for this AMAZING...
Flourless Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners erythritol
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar free dark chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, erythritol, cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Using an elecrtric hand mixer, mix until all ingredients are well combined. It will be a very thick dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch balls. This will produce 12 good sized cookies. You can make them smaller to yield more cookies.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to allow the cookies to cool before eating.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.