I wanted to talk with you about Collagen. Collagen is a protein that is found in the body and a necessity for good health. Boosting collagen in your body can have a positive effect on your heart, as well as assisting in healing wounds more quickly.
Age causes unfortunate conditions on skin including wrinkles and sagging. The layer of fat that holds our skin tight to our bones begins to diminish as the years pass. This is due to the effect of everyday UV rays breaking down the collagen and other connective elements in the skin. However our collagen supplements can replenish what is lost.
So you may be wondering...how can you add Collagen to your diet and what kind of Collage is best?
HOW TO ADD COLLAGEN IN TO YOUR DIET
1. IN YOUR TEA OR COFFEE~ I'm a huge coffee drinker. So if you're a coffee or tea drinker like me, you can add some to your daily cup. I use the unflavored collagen and can't even tell that it's in there. Other flavors such as chocolate or vanilla are also available and will add that taste to your java.
2. SMOOTHIES~ If you're a smoothie drinker, you can add this to your smoothies as well. It dissolves in hot or cold water which makes it super easy to consume. If you drink Keto drinks like me, such as Ketond, you can add it in there as well.
3. ADD IT TO FOOD~ If you're a soup eater, you can simply add it in to your soup, stewed meat and such.
COLLAGEN MEASUREMENTS...HOW MUCH TO CONSUME
According to Dr. Kellyann, she recommends consuming a minimum of 5 grams of hydrolyzed collagen per day to increase the levels of glycine and proline circulating in your bloodstream. However, if you’re inflamed (as most people are), more may be necessary. I recommend a minimum range of 10-15 grams daily, and up to 30 grams daily if:
- Your skin, hair, and nails could use a boost
- You’re an athlete or exercise regularly
- You have joint pain
- You’re having trouble losing weight
- You have digestive symptoms or disease
NOT ALL COLLAGEN POWDERS ARE CREATED EQUAL
A few tips to remember regarding buying a collagen power is that:
1. It doesn't contain allergens such as soy, dairy, gluten, artificial sweeteners or other chemicals.
2. The collagen comes from high quality cows.
I highly recommend Keto Collagen. It already has MCT powder mixed in which is derived from coconuts.
Drop me a line and let me know what you think about this collagen and send us some photos of how much it has changed your life. Go Keto!!