Collagen is the most important protein in the body. Collagen has many important functions, including providing your skin with structure and strengthening your bones. Collagen is the major component of connective tissues that make up several body parts, including tendons, ligaments, skin and muscles. Healthline has given us some really good information on the benefits of collagen.
6 Proven Benefits of Collagen:
1. It Can Improve Skin Health- It plays a role in strengthening skin, plus may benefit elasticity and hydration. As you age, your body produces less collagen, leading to dry skin and the formation of wrinkles. In one study, women who took a supplement containing 2.5–5 grams of collagen for eight weeks experienced less skin dryness and a significant increase in skin elasticity compared to those who did not take the supplement. Our supplement at Lose A Pound Daily delivers a great dosage of collagen.
2. Helps Relieve Joint Pain- Collagen helps maintain the integrity of your cartilage, which is the rubber-like tissue that protects your joints. Researchers have theorized that supplemental collagen may accumulate in cartilage and stimulate your tissues to make collagen.
3. Could Prevent Bone Loss- Studies have shown that taking collagen supplements may have certain effects in the body that help inhibit the bone breakdown that leads to osteoporosis. As collagen in your body deteriorates as you age, bone mass does too. This may lead to conditions such as osteoporosis, which is characterized by low bone density and linked with a higher risk of bone fractures.
4. May Boost Muscle Mass- Studies suggest that collagen supplements help boost muscle mass in people with sarcopenia, the loss of muscle mass that happens with age. Researchers have suggested that taking collagen may promote the synthesis of muscle proteins such as creatine, and may also stimulate muscle growth after exercise.
5. Promotes Heart Health- Collagen provides structure to your arteries, the blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body. Without enough collagen, arteries may become weak and fragile. In one study, 31 healthy adults took 16 grams of collagen daily for six months. By the end, they had experienced a significant reduction in measures of artery stiffness compared to before they started taking the supplement.
6. Other Health Benefits-
Hair and nails: Taking collagen may increase the strength of your nails by preventing brittleness. Additionally, it may stimulate your hair and nails to grow longer (
- Gut health: Although there is no scientific evidence to support this claim, some health practitioners promote the use of collagen supplements to treat intestinal permeability, or leaky gut syndrome.
- Brain health: No studies have examined the role of collagen supplements in brain health. However, some people claim they improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety.
- Weight loss: Some believe that taking collagen supplements may promote weight loss and a faster metabolism. There have not been any studies to support these claims.
Our Premium Collagen has 1334mg of collagen and contains hydrolized peptides for maximum absorbtion. Get yours here!